Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Investigator I
Time & Location
About the Event
This Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Foundation Course for Investigators is a hands-on practical 4-day certification course designed for people who want to advance their knowledge of bitcoin, the blockchain, cryptocurrency, and criminal applications. For criminals, cryptocurrency is the ideal method to launder proceeds of illegal activities, used for money-laundering, tax evasion, drug trafficking, and extortion.
Today’s investigator must be experienced in the basics of Cold Storage, BIP38, BIP39 and transferring cryptocurrencies during the execution of a search warrant from a suspect's wallet to their agency owned wallet. You will practice cold storage, learn why it matters, use the different types of cold storage options, and create their own public and private keys without connecting to the internet or any other network.
The course will teach how to establish an agency owned cryptocurrency wallet before the execution of a search warrant. After that, investigators will go through several exercises and practice the transfer of cryptocurrencies from a suspect's wallet to their agency owned wallet.
You will learn about a variety of private key hiding places, see examples of “hidden in plain sight” private keys and practice a search of a hidden private key in plain sight. Attendees will know the purpose and functionality of typical crypto exchanges and visit several exchanges. You will understand the similarities and differences between an ICO and an IPO, articulate how cryptocurrencies are launched and discuss the process of a pump and dump scheme. Students will gain knowledge about coins and tokens, describe how tokens gain value and differentiate between utility tokens and security tokens. You will become proficient in Cryptocurrency investigations, the Blockchain, wallets, exchanges, transactions, and do hands-on exercises on the most common Hardware Wallets.
- What is Bitcoin?
- What are Altcoins?
- Private Key, Public Key & Address
- What is the Blockchain?
- What are Forks?
- ICO Process.
- What are Tokens and how to create them?
- Smart Contracts
- Centralized Blockchains
- Decentralized Blockchains
- Use the most common Hardware Wallets.
- Practice Hardware Wallet Setup, Wipe and Recovery.
- Learn how to use a Hardware Wallet.
- What is a Paper Wallet?
- Create a Paper, Brain and Vanity Wallets and use them.
- Understand and use Desktop Wallets and how to use them to seize funds.
- Learn about Mobile Wallets and how to use them to seize funds.
- Learn about the most common Web Wallets and how to use them to seize funds.
- Learn about Exchanges and their hiding places.
- Basics of Cold Storage.
- Mnemonic Language
- BIP39 Mnemonic
- BIP39 Split Mnemonic
- BIP39 Passphrase
- BIP39 Seed
- BIP32 Root Key
- BIP 32
- BIP 44
- BIP 49
- BIP 84
- BIB 141
- BIP32 Extended Private Key
- Crypto Payment Processors
- KYC & AML
- Learn how to create Mnemonics offline.
- Learn how to find Mnemonics in suspects’ homes.
- Identify a suspect’s Private Key Hiding Place.
- Identify a suspect’s Mnemonic Hiding Place.
- Practice Cold Storage.
- Learn how to use different types of cold storage options.
- Create your own addresses, public, and private keys offline.
- Wallet Security, Protect your department/agency wallet.
- Establish an agency owned cryptocurrency wallets
- Practice the transfer of cryptocurrencies from a suspect's wallet to their agency owned wallet.
- Private key hiding places.
- Generating a cryptocurrency wallet prior to the execution of a search warrant.
- Identify the location of cryptocurrency during the execution of a search warrant.
- Discovery evidence of the use of cryptocurrencies searching online history, social media, forums, the dark web, and mobile applications.
- Learn how to transfer cryptocurrency assets from a suspect o the department-owned wallet.
- Learn how to import and offline Paper Wallet into a web wallet.
- Understand and learn the basics of how to use Cryptocurrency Transaction Data during your investigation.
- Accelerate Cryptocurrency Transaction Time.
- Push unconfirmed transactions through the confirmation process.
- Create and apply Law Enforcement and business Cryptocurrency Policies.
- And more
This course is ideal for:
- Law Enforcement
- Private Investigators
- Fraud Investigators
- Security Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Cyber Security Professionals
- AML/KYC Compliance Professionals
- Financial Services Professionals
- Cyber Incident Responders
- Digital Forensics investigators/analysts
- Penetration Testers
- Social Engineers
- Intelligence Personnel
- Private Investigators
- Insurance Investigators
- Human Resources Personnel
What You Will Receive:
- A USB storage device with the course materials
- Trezor One or similar
- Yes, Bring your own
- Rental Laptop is available for $249 USD per week
Benefits of Certification:
- Advance Your Professional Credibility
- Present Yourself as an Expert
- Gain a Competitive Advantage
- Increase Your Earning Potential
- Boost your Knowledge and Skills
- Execute Projects with Greater Efficiency
- Solve More Cases