Dark Web Investigator I
Time & Location
About the Event
At the farthest corner of the online world lie the hidden recesses of the Dark Web and its Darknet marketplaces. The Dark Web may be accessed for both legitimate purposes and to conceal criminal or other malicious activities. This hands-on 4-day certification course will teach you how to access the Dark Web safely and anonymously, navigate within the many layers of the Dark Web to discover hidden Wiki’s and dig through Dark Web search engines.
Course participants will learn how to create and use a life-like persona that would withstand scrutiny. Attendees will also learn how to interlink multiple personas that would endure a performed link analysis and other investigative methods. Golden nuggets of investigative intelligence can be found within Dark Web forums and chat rooms.
Participants will know the importance and impact of chat rooms related to criminal activity, auctions, locations, transactions, and etiquette. Furthermore, we will examine the various Darknet marketplace models and niches, cryptocurrencies used on the Dark Web, marketplace takedowns, and key Darknet vendors. Attendees will learn how buyers and sellers on the Darknet transact business under the cloak of anonymity. Class participants will learn how to create a vendor account, list, and publish products, services, and data.
Participants will also learn how to capture, preserve, and authenticate court-admissible evidence in their investigations. By the end of this course, investigators will have the knowledge and expertise to conduct deep and comprehensive online investigations efficiently and effectively and gather court-admissible evidence.
- Get started with Tor
- Tor routing protocols and security features
- Access the Dark Web safely and anonymously
- Navigate within the many layers of the Dark Web
- Discover hidden Wiki’s
- Dig through Dark Web search engines
- Account Takeover
- Ghost Transactions
- ID Individuals, Groups and Locations
- PGP Communication
- Whonix, Cloud Desktops, and Virtual Machines
- Undercover Persona Development
- Managing Undercover Persona
- Get intelligence that can be found in Dark Web Forums and Chat Rooms
- Use the language, culture, and etiquette of the Dark Web
- Understand various marketplace models and niches
- Freenet and other platforms
- Crime as a Product Marketplace
- Counterfeit Marketplaces
- Weapon Marketplaces
- Drug Marketplaces
- PII / Personally identifiable information Marketplaces
- Apple Marketplaces
- Samsung Marketplaces
- Credit Card Marketplaces
- ID Theft Marketplaces
- Citizenship Marketplaces
- Driver License Marketplaces
- Passport Marketplaces
- Tier 2 Marketplaces
- Specialty Product Marketplaces
- Identify key Darknet Vendors
- How some Darknet vendors got caught
- Create a Darknet vendor account
- List and publish Darknet products, services, and data.
- Navigate Dark Web Drug Markets
- Examine Dark Web Escrow Resources
- Crime as a Service Marketplaces
- Human Trafficking on the Dark Web
- Red Rooms, Pay Per Torture and more
- Hit Man, Rape, and other services
- Pedophilia on the Dark Web
- Cryptocurrency Basics
- Use cryptocurrencies on the Dark Web
- Track and investigate bitcoin and other cryptocurrency transactions on the Dark Web
- Perform cryptocurrency transactions, transfers and more.
- Use Crypto Hardware Wallets, Desktop Wallets, Mobile Wallets, Web Wallets, and Cold Storage
- Learn how to create Mnemonics offline.
- Learn how to find Mnemonics in suspects’ homes.
- Identify a suspect’s Private Key Hiding Place.
- Identify a suspect’s Mnemonic Hiding Place.
- Practice Cold Storage.
- Learn how to use different types of cold storage options.
- Create your own addresses, public, and private keys offline.
- Wallet Security, Protect your department/agency wallet.
- Practice the transfer of cryptocurrencies from a suspect's wallet to their agency owned wallet.
- Discovery evidence of the use of cryptocurrencies searching online history, social media, forums, the dark web, and mobile applications.
- Understand and learn how to use Cryptocurrency Transaction Data during your investigation.
This course is ideal for:
- Law Enforcement
- Private Investigators
- Fraud Investigators
- Security Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Cyber Security Professionals
- AML/KYC Compliance Professionals
- Financial Services Professionals
- Cyber Incident Responders
- Digital Forensics investigators/analysts
- Penetration Testers
- Social Engineers
- Intelligence Personnel
- Private Investigators
- Insurance Investigators
- Human Resources Personnel
What You Will Receive:
- A USB storage device with the course materials
- Trezor One or similar
- Trezor One T or similar
- Ledger Nano X or similar
- Yes, Bring your own
- Rental Laptop is available for $249 USD per week
Benefits of Certification:
- Advance Your Professional Credibility
- Present Yourself as an Expert
- Gain a Competitive Advantage
- Increase Your Earning Potential
- Boost your Knowledge and Skills
- Execute Projects with Greater Efficiency
- Solve More Cases